Register your dog with the City of Chicago by mail
Our online City of Chicago Dog License Emblem sales application is temporarily offline while we make scheduled improvements to the website.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
In the meantime, we have made temporary arrangements for customers to fill out a CITY OF CHICAGO DOG REGISTRATION FORM to mail in and order their City of Chicago Dog License Emblem through the US Postal Service.
Please allow 10 business days to receive your Dog License Emblem.
If you need your Dog License Emblem in less than 10 business days, please visit one of our in-person sales locations.
Thank you for your patience during this transition to a new website. We promise a new and improved ChiCityClerk.com is on its way.
To obtain your City of Chicago Dog License Emblem, please follow these directions to fill out and print your application form.
IF YOU CANNOT FILL OUT AND PRINT THIS INTERACTIVE PDF DOCUMENT ONLNE, PLEASE PRINT THE FORM AND FILL IT OUT USING A BALL POINT PEN.
CITY OF CHICAGO DOG REGISTRATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS
- Please fill out all fields.
- License fees are as follows:
- Using the pricing chart, select your TYPE OF LICENSE, DURATION & FEE and fill in corresponding fields.
- If you are a Senior Citizen (65 years of age or older) PROOF OF AGE MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE ENVELOPE WITH THIS FORM. Age must be verified by sending a copy of one of the following: Valid Illinois Driver’s license; Illinois State ID card; passport; birth certificate; or CTA senior citizen pass.
- Fill in your name and address.
- Fill in your dog’s information as follows:
- Rabies vaccination tag number;
- and, Rabies vaccination tag expiration date.
- Print and sign the form.
- Enclose all required documents, including a check or money order, in an envelope and mail to:
Chicago City Hall
Office of the Chicago City Clerk
121 N. LaSalle St.
Room 107 – Dog License Division
Chicago, IL 60602
|DURATION OF LICENSE & FEES|
|TYPE OF LICENSE||ONE YEAR||THREE YEAR|
|Altered dog (neutered or spayed)||$5.00||$15.00|
|Unaltered dog (unneutered or unspayed)||$50.00||$150.00|
|Altered dog (senior owner 65 years of age or older)||$2.50||$7.50|
|Unaltered dog (senior owner 65 years of age or older)||$5.00||$15.00|
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The current Rabies Vaccination Certificate MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE ENVELOPE WITH THIS FORM. It will be returned to you with the dog license.
- Make all checks or money orders payable to CITY CLERK.
- Print your primary PHONE NUMBER on your check or money order.
- Do not send cash.
- Your application and all related documents will be returned if the required information is not provided and/or the fee amount is incorrect.