Downloads & Links
The Office of the City Clerk and City Clerk Satellite Offices will only accept Passports until 3:30pm. Due to the City Vehicle Sticker Sale season, passports are not available at our locations between May 13 and August 1.
Traveling abroad soon? The Clerk’s Office provides the following services towards getting your passport or passport card:
- Take and print photos that need to be included in your passport application
- Accept your passport application (complete with accompanying photos/documents) and submit the application to the United States Department of State
- Help answer commonly asked questions about the overall passport application process
These services are available at all three Office of the City Clerk locations.
Please Note: If you are applying for a U.S. Passport, you must provide one (1) photo. Please note that the Office of the City Clerk does not offer photography services.
In order to avoid processing delays, please bring a passport photo that meets Department of State standards.
Your passport photo must be:
- In color
- Printed on photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
For more information, please visit http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/pptphotoreq_5333.html
Please Note: Office of the City Clerk can only accept applictions for first-time issuance of a passport or issuance of a passport to replace a passport that has been: lost, stolen, damaged or has been expired for more than 5 years.